Blog Archive

Monday, June 25, 2012

Turning the page

This week, well shoot...let's be honest. This month I celebrated my 27th birthday. Wow...that's a big one. What happened to 23. I feel like I say this every year. The best part about birthdays is that it's one day when you get nothing but love. But this year I learned that there is a new 'best part' about birthdays.

At a certain age we begin to wonder what happened to the previous years because they've flown by so fast. It's like a good book that you just can't stop turning the pages. You barely remember what happened a chapter before because you've been flying through each page. That's what life has been for me the last several years. I've done so much but been so consistently happy and loved that each year glides by and we just keep turning the page. Each year slightly different from the year before, each slightly changing and passing with little change. I used to think this was bad. "I'm in the same spot I was last year" I'd say, with a self-demeaning tone. Just flipping the pages. But out on the bike trail, either before or after a giant ice cream cone, looking at Justin's tanned face, I realized.

 I realized this is a good thing. We've been in the same "spot" for a few years. We've been right smack-dab in the middle of the best book ever, turning the pages, chapter by chapter, just loving every minute of it!

Happy Birthday to me, and all the other June babies out there!!

Keep turning the page!! This is life we're living!



2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the perspective! Cheers to 27 another wonderful year for you Mal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 27 was my big one! Enjoy being in that wonderful spot, and let it prepare you for the next chapter. Because whether the next one is easy or tough, the memories can be just as great with this perspective. Happy June!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love... :-)