Blog Archive

Friday, June 1, 2012

A welcomed change...

Change isn't always welcomed. But in this case, we've pleaded it to come, rushed it and counted down it's arrival, in fact.
I know tomorrow will be a chaotic day. In my head. It's going to be a busy one in the world and in my family and chaotic with excitement for us and all the other families who have Soldiers returning home.

I'll post today because tomorrow I'll be busy hugging my little brother. (who's not so little anymore.)

Today is my brother and sister-in-law's one year marriage anniversary.

It's also one year since my brother left for his deployment overseas.

And tomorrow is the first day he will get to see, feel and talk to the little baby that's growing in his wife's belly.
That's right! I'm going to be an Auntie AGAIN!!!! When he came home on leave, they managed to make a miracle!!

And for the first time he'll get to know his new niece who was born on September 11th of this year!!

This year has been hardest for my sister-in-law, and for my mom. And my sister couldn't have said it better that "in just a few short hours all will be well in our little world." Well, mostly.

We don't know what he'll be missing about the sandbox, or what changes he'll be welcoming. We don't exactly know what he did over there, or how much it has changed him. But we DO know that him home safe is the most welcomed change of all.

So this post today is to welcome home the 179 Soldiers traveling with my brother!
And to wish him and Abbey a Happy Anniversary!!

We love you both with all our hearts!


Here are some shots of mine, and some of others...we take lots of pictures....but over the course of the last fews years we've taken more to cherish these special moments!

The day he left.

Graduating Boot Camp
On left; Home on leave. On Right; Bootcamp Grad!

My parents and Travis- Fort Leaonard Wood.
He's not little anymore. :(
My mom and Travis on the day he left. 
Top, Travis and his supermodel wife, and my family on the bottom.
On leave!
Family Portrait for mom for mother's day before deployment last year!
Abbey, you're a strong, strong woman. I love you.
One time when Travis was about 5, he went out and started up Dad's tractor and rode it around while everyone was sleeping.
We may look insane, but we can't wait to get back to normal!!!!!!


Welcome Home Travis 
and the rest of the 1484th!!








1 comment:

  1. Welcome home Travis!!! Thank you for your service and big congrats on the bundle of joy coming soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love... :-)