Blog Archive

Monday, May 7, 2012

Wedding schedules and weekends full of love.

So it's Monday. Enough said. I'm trying my best to be motivated but the birds and the breeze are distracting. What? Where was I?

Justin and I are at the point in our wedding timeline were we have to put the invitations together and that means figuring out the schedule for the day. Screeech, halt. I'm not ready yet. It's 3 months until the wedding and I'm not ready to plan that stuff yet.

But, alas....you know I've got some advice and helpful tips!

1. Here is the one and only rule of thumb: EVERYTHING TAKES LONGER THAN YOU THINK.
When allotting hours for each 'event' of the day, assume that it will take longer than you're anticipating. Everything always does. The salon, the putting on the dress, the receiving line...it all takes time.
2. Create a MASTER schedule.
The master copy should have the times for each 'event' as you wish them to be. But keep an open mind that as you finalize with your photographer (1st) and all other vendors (2nd) these times may be slightly altered. And, that's fine.
3. Leave time for yourself.
The most important detail for me, and I know this from planning parties in the past, is to set aside time for myself. I'm the host who schedules the party at 7pm and is scrambling around at 6:45 putting the finishing touches on everything and still  hasn't even showered yet.
For my wedding, I will schedule time for breakfast, lunch and some downtime in between the photos and the ceremony so I can gather my thoughts and be of serene mind when I walk down that isle to marry the man who has been my best friend for the past 8 years.

Remember these 3 little tips and most importantly KEEP CALM. It's JUST a wedding ;-)

And, since we're on the subject of planning 'events' this weekend was chalk full of them.
We had our first patio gathering of the summer, went to an Indians game, to a fabulous little restaurant called Melt and saw Avengers! I barely made it to the bed before falling asleep last night.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love... :-)