Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dreaming big dreams.

Last night I sat in my living room, legs crossed on our tiny sitting couch from Ikea. Justin was in the kitchen putting together the french press coffee and I was making small talk with a couple who's wedding is in 2013. I went to high school with the groom, and was just meeting his future bride for the first time.

Doesn't seem like much when I put into words but when I think about the context of each of those situations independently, those are dreams coming true.

I'm with the man of my dreams. And we're getting married. I so blessed to have a couch, and a kitchen and in general a wonderful life. I've worked so hard over the past few years and I'm taking inquiries for years in advance for couples who want to hire us, couples who aren't strangers.

In our conversation I realized another little dream I didn't know I had had come true. In the years before starting my business I often stalked other photographers on facebook, even asked to assist in ways so that I could learn in any way I could. It never resulted in anything. Either no response, or a simple and polite "no thank you" was all I ever got.

Tonight, our possible-future clients sat telling us that they had a list of about 10 photographers to meet with. Not only were we lucky enough to be on that list, but the name dropped of one of those other companies that I had frequently fawned over, and asked to follow around like a lost puppy. Today, I was in a long list along with the photographers I had so feverishly envied.

Tomorrow our programmer will compile the design for my new website. That I built. We've got so many awesome things in the works for our clients, and all of you!! I'm giddy!
Friday we will set out for a whole days worth of fun shooting a styled shoot. That I put together. We're teaming up with local people, big dreamers like us who support the idea of doing it all just for life's sake.

Not only do I want to tell you all to go out and dream your big dreams, I'm telling you to do it on your own if you have to. I did. And when you find others who are like you hold on to them tight.

Big dreamers aren't day dreamers...we're the people who stay up all night with excitement just for the POSSIBILITY of our dream becoming a reality. And let me tell you, the biggest of dreams don't come true over night.


THANK YOU to our big dreamers:
Rebecca Heller, our assistant-in-the-works.
Gabby Forchione, Friend and Hair & Make Up for the styled shoot.
Abby Salvino, Salvino Dolci Bakery
Sweet Mary's Bakery owner, Mary.
Laura of Paper Allure & Twigs and Twine
And the wonderful Paula of Encore of Canton
Susan and JD Lowry, our wonderful models and blog readers
Mark Franklin, our Programmer
And all the women and men who have expressed an interest in being a part of my yet to be named summer portrait project.
All of the fabulous people who reached out to me and let me know they were there in my last post, Dear Noone
& Mom, for reading and commenting on my blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love... :-)