Blog Archive

Monday, March 5, 2012

Dear, No one...

17 page views today. Well, not really today but I'm sure that's been the case on more than one occasion.
I read blogs. Do you? I tend to read a lot of blogs, The Girls with Glasses Show, Justin and Mary, Katelyn James, Jasmine Star, Jamie Delaine, CreativeLive, We are The Rhoads...Promise Tangemen, Chase Jarvis...I read industry blogs like normal people read books, I guess. So who reads my blog? Anyone?
I've always kept diaries, as I have mentioned before in my writing but this is different. I write these informational blurbs like I am writing to someone, but I rarely hear from my audience. Maybe I need to be a better writer. Maybe I need to read a blog on how to write a blog.
It's like writing to no one and that's weird because it's the internet; someones gotta be reading it, right?
It's like a book that never sells a copy, or a film that goes straight to DVD...it's meant for someone, but that someone might never see it. Or is it meant for me?
I write blog posts to share my life with those who are interested. Why? Because if someone learns something from my mistakes, or my advice, or my experiences; and they share their thoughts, words, experiences with me/others...then the whole world is better off. Because this is the internet, someones gotta be reading it, right!
So this is my call to action.
Dear,
No one...
If you're reading this please speak up. Raise your hand and let me know you're out there in that dark auditorium, that I'm not all alone up here on this stage. Clap for me. Whistle or throw a tomato. Something, so that I know you're there.
Thanks,
Me.

9 comments:

  1. I'm here! I haven't blogged in almost a year but when I did, I got very few comments. Facebook has been better for me to connect with people & blogging was so time consuming for me. I do want to get back into highlighting sessions again but who knows when!? I guarantee people are reading what you write, just like a status update might get 5-10 comments but probably 100 people read it. Keep blogging if you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!!!!! It's the only one I follow continually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read them all! Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog, Mallory. Even, like right now, at a rest stop between Canton and Chicago while I quickly inhale a burger King hamburger so that I can quickly get back on the road. I admire bold, strong, fun, and courageous women, like yourself! I enjoy your blog posts. Applause. No tomatoes:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read every single one of your blogs, Mal! :) I constantly "like" your photos on facebook and sometimes even leave little messages. I dont continue to comment on your blogs for fear that you think Im stalking you. haha. You are so talented that its hard not to anticipate new photos that you will post. Always something new... always something beautiful... never disappointing. So, even if its just you on stage and Im the only one in that dark auditorium, Im there... clapping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. Thank you all. For reading, for supporting, and for taking the time to let me know you're listening. It means the world to me. It's not that I need reassurance, well, we all do. But, I want to know that my messages are reaching people...sometimes I have nothing to say, but sometimes I do. As long as my eyes aren't the only ones reading, I'm happy. (Mom, you SO don't count. LOL But I love you more for commenting!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read all your posts. I'm one of those people who starts a comment and then decides not to post it because I think the blog owner won't want to read it. I hope I'm not alone with that (and not just weird). I always find your writing interesting and of course I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love... :-)