Blog Archive

Monday, July 25, 2011

"Everyday I'm bustle-in'"

This weekend's wedding represented everything I love about a wedding. Ivory and pearls, white chairs and pretty dresses, good, old music and hipsters in cool summer suits. This wedding, the nuptials of the small town couple- gone Californian- had no shortage of those fine details.

Alaina and Jared have a love story that's fit for the movies, and it's peculiar because, Jared spends his time writing stories like theirs, well, not just love stories, but movies. They met at a wedding, where they mutually knew the couple but hadn't intended on going "together", they're love was planted that day, like the seed that would grow into a beautiful shade tree. They've been together ever since, and they got married on the same day, six years later.

The wedding may have gotten a little wet, but it wasn't enough to ruffle Alaina's carefree feathers. She was the polar opposite of a bridezilla, she epitomized the cliche advice people always give to "go with the flow" of the day, she never got excited when her bustle broke, and she let me offer to try and fix it, she didn't get excited when the rain drizzled down on them, or when their siblings had to turn away to get umbrellas during the ceremony, that contagious smile remained for the whole day! And as if having such an amazing bride wasn't enough the ENTIRE wedding party was as classy as they come. On the party bus, they chanted, "every day I'm bustle-in'" as the maid of honor laced up the train on Alaina's gorgeous gown. And for the rest of the day and on into the next, Justin and I kept that little ditty in our heads.
The girls, in their classic button-top, tea-length dresses and elegant ivory wedges, contently endured the heat with me as I continuously said "ok, get a little closer, just a little closer." Bridesmaids and groomsmen alike had great spirits while allowing me to do my thing and I couldn't have been more appreciative. I just hope that the images from later, on the dance floor are awesome enough to show my gratitude for their cooperation, because they we're some awesome-dancing-fools!!!




 




Jared and Alaina, I've waited a long time since the signing of your contract for the big day, and with each week my anticipation grew, the guest list was huge, the bridal party was huge, so many familiar faces, so much pressure…and.... I really, really, really enjoyed myself. Justin couldn't stop talking about how awesomely (is that a word) everyone cooperated. We are so blessed that so many people came up to us, and congratulated us on our success, and commended our product and our growth. With each guest sharing their compliments, the pressure faded and I felt like a part of the party. I couldn't have asked for a better work day. WORK DAY? Yeah right. This is the longest post I've every written for a preview, and its because Justin and I felt we were at our best and it was because of you both and the amazing people you chose to surround you on your wedding day. I can't thank you enough for choosing us, for having faith in us, and for being just so down right sweet. May you everyday, be "bustle-in'".
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. These are great Mallory and Justin!!! Can't wait to see the rest!!! Ps feel free to airbrush my a&t's....
    Matron of honor of the best wedding ever!!!!
    Britt beck

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love... :-)