Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

WPPI and freedom.

We traveled to Columbus Sunday night, to meet up with our best friends and hang, and of course to crash their house for the WPPI roadtrip on Monday morning.
We had dinner at Level= YUM.
We had ice cream at Jeni's= UHH WOW.

WPPI was awesome. I could have never expected to write 3 full pages and type two full of notes. It was so informative and well worth the money for Justin and I both to go. At first I was thinking 10 hours in a conference would be a complete bust, but it wasn't. The breaks were fun and just long enough, the speakers were energetic and the reception after was a welcomed treat, I hadn't look at the schedule so I had no idea there was a cocktail time afterwards! Suhhweet!

We mingled and chatted, ate and laughed. We talked with Vicki Tauffer of Vgallery about the adoption of her daughter, about paid jobs and the woes of shooting weddings, and a little with her and Justin and Mary Marantz of Justin and Mary about Zombies. Too bad Vicki's husband was busy working and missed out on the Zombie conversation! But don't worry Jed, I'll make sure Justin sends you his top 100 list.

So, we got back to Justin and Liz's house after a feast of Mexican food, or mostly refried beans and decided to stay the night again. It's so great to have the freedom to be able to do that. That at 9pm on a Monday night we collectively made the decision not to go home and stay with friends instead. Not having to plan that a week in advance made me feel like I was 12 again.

Happy Monday, Tuesday, wait...what is today?

1 comment:

  1. That is one of the best perks of being your own boss! I will never take for granted the ability to travel or take time off on MY own terms! Of course that usually means I am busting my butt before or after the trip, but still...it's on my terms! :) Glad you are enjoying all the great resources such as conferences & networking with other photographers.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love... :-)