Blog Archive

Monday, June 6, 2011

Love knows no bounds.

This weekend, Justin and I had the pleasure of photographing a great couple. They're both extremely funny, spontaneous, nontraditional and hold a welcoming demeanor. Its not very often photographers come across a client that, when we meet them, we know right off the bat that their vision fits perfectly in line with our processes. Well, this was the case this weekend. Ellen specifically, had an intuition, it was like she already knew me, and we'd only met once before the wedding day. At one point she told the wedding party that I would love them to do something a certain way, something with a lack of conformity, because that's how I like to shoot. HA!!! She was already advocating for me!!

I noticed something at the ceremony, which is what sparked this post. And that's that love is just love. When it knows no bounds is when you can feel it in the air. When love is just love, the inconsequential details of  what a wedding can sometimes be, or what a relationship can sometimes be don't exist. When love is simply whole love, it feels contagious, feels like balloon full of joy bursting in your face, a glorious wave of strength built on a bond. I felt all of those things as I photographed the parents of the couple, and the guests anxiously awaiting to see them emerge from the getting ready room. I felt the love in the air, filling up like water in a glass. And the rest of the day was nothing short of a storybook love story. This ceremony was different than our norm, it was a ceremonial union. When I started this business, I never in a million years considered having the opportunity to be such a major part of such a meaningful, and special day for two people. I was honored. Justin and I were honored, Ellen and Lisa placed a lot of trust in us, without knowing us very well.


Ellen and Lisa have been an item for over a decade, and this day culminated in a celebration with their closest friends and family. And, if I could say so from the images and "poses" I think EVERYONE had a wonderful time! The location was perfect, the food was stellar and the company was entertaining, always laughing! Ladies, we had a great time and wish you the best of luck in your union. 

Here is a preview from the day!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love... :-)